Parents of high school students are often concerned about the cost of college. Dual Enrollment at Indian River State College (IRSC) provides an opportunity for high school students to begin work on their college degree for free while finishing high school, saving time and thousands of dollars in college tuition.
Courses such as College Algebra and English Composition, which cost approximately $600 at a state university can be completed with no tuition charge. Courses are offered at convenient times and weighted the same as Honors, Advanced Placement, Advanced International Certificate of Education and International Baccalaureate courses. Credits earned through Dual Enrollment transfer to all Florida public universities and most universities nationally.
High school students and their parents are invited to learn more about Dual Enrollment at free information sessions occurring throughout the Treasure Coast during the month of March:
- Thursday, March 5, 6 p.m.: Pruitt Campus, 500 N.W. California Boulevard., Port St. Lucie, Room E114 (English Session, Last Names A—K), Schreiber Conference Center (English Session, Last Names L—Z) and Room A125 (Spanish Session)
- Tuesday, March 10, 6 p.m.: Historic Sebastian School Site, 1235 Main Street, Sebastian
- Tuesday, March 10, 6 p.m.: Main Campus, Kight Center for Emerging Technologies, Room V110, 3209 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce
- Tuesday, March 10, 6 p.m.: Mueller Campus, Richardson Center, Room C105, 6155 College Lane, Vero Beach
- Wednesday, March 11, 6 p.m.: Main Campus, Kight Center for Emerging Technologies, Room V443, 3209 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce (Spanish Session)
- Wednesday, March 11, 6 p.m.: Sebastian River High School, Auditorium, 9001 Shark Boulevard, Sebastian
- Monday, March 23, 6 p.m.: Chastain Campus, Wolf High-Technology Center, Johnson Auditorium, Room C101, 2400 S.E. Salerno Road, Stuart
- Tuesday, March 24, 6 p.m.: Dixon Hendry Campus, Williamson Conference & Education Center, Room C112, 2229 N.W. 9th Avenue, Okeechobee (Spanish Session)
- Tuesday, March 31, 6 p.m.: Dixon Hendry Campus, Williamson Conference & Education Center, Room C112, 2229 N.W. 9th Avenue, Okeechobee
Pre-registration is requested and can be done online at www.irsc.edu/event-sign-up. For additional details about the information sessions or Dual Enrollment at IRSC, call 1-866-792-4772.