In these trying times of a global pandemic, the support of our donors, strong staff, board of directors, and foundation has allowed the Environmental Learning Center (ELC) to sustain itself. But we had to accommodate and adjust to the “new normal.”
The ELC conducted a survey, and the results show that revitalization of our campus facilities and exhibits is a priority. Now we want to give you the credit for helping the ELC survive and thrive!
Help us renew our campus and build the next generation of environmental stewards!
When you purchase a plank, or take advantage of the naming opportunities available in the new Thomas R. Schidel Education and Event Pavilion or Discovery Station, you will be leaving your mark on campus while helping the ELC revitalize its infrastructure so we can continue to be the place where memories are made.
People of all ages visit the ELC every year and leave the same footprints on our boardwalks and trails. We want to continue to inspire those people who have walked our campus and share our passion for the environment, while encouraging others to get outside and immerse themselves.
Our Leave Only Footsteps Fund is a giving opportunity that allows you to make your mark on our campus by purchasing a personalized, engraved boardwalk plank.
Leave Your Mark
This is the perfect opportunity to:
- Give a gift to a loved one.
- Celebrate a special occasion.
- Honor a person or pet.
- Commemorate a family vacation or memory.
- Display your business’ commitment to the environment.
- Support our mission to educate, inspire and empower all people to be active stewards of the environment and their own well-being!
- Planks are made from Trex decking which consists of 95% recycled materials including reclaimed wood and sawdust, as well as recycled plastic from many common household items.
- The estimated life of the plank is 20+ years!
- The plank dimensions are 12′ x 2′ on the stairs and upcoming boardwalks.
- Engraving can be up to 40 characters long, but let us know what you want and we will work with you.
- You can expect your plank to be placed within 6 months of initial donation.
Plank price is $1,000 and the more you buy, the more you save! For more information, please visit https://www.discoverelc.org/tlc-for-elc
Bring Our Discovery Station to Life
Bring our Discovery Station to life! The ELC provides hands-on, immersive learning in our Discovery Station. With over 15,000 visitors a year, the Discovery Station teaches and entertains guests through aquariums, touch tank and interactive rotating displays and exhibits.
Ecosystem immersion is the most effective way to teach. With our proposed epoxy ecosystem flooring, the entire room would be a learning experience, from top to bottom. We are planning to create a total of five different ecosystems throughout the Discovery Station.
Experts in the concrete coatings industry, Unicorn Epoxy will complete this unique project for the ELC. Unicorn Epoxy works with over 200 different products, has installed hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of materials and has been involved in over 500 unique installation projects over the last 10 years.
- Unicorn Epoxy offers world proven beauty and durability for stunning, functional floor systems
- Unicorn Epoxy has been recognized for their work at an international level
- Experienced installers working with concrete and epoxy, offering expert artistry and installation with the best materials
- The final product is a creation of realistic pieces without the use of any decals or pre-made artwork
Our goal is to provide an immersive, educational ecosystem flooring in our Discovery Station. Imagine our Discovery Station with brighter, artistic and colorful flooring showcasing the many ecosystem habitats around the Environmental Learning Center. We want to give our guests that immersive experience.
For more information, please visit https://www.discoverelc.org/post/epoxy-art-floor-for-the-elc
Make an investment in your environment—because everyone deserves a healthy planet.
The Environmental Learning Center is a 64-acre 501(c)(3) not-for-profit nature center. Our mission is to educate, inspire and empower all people to be active stewards of the environment and their own well-being. The ELC serves the community through school field trips, camps, lecture series, professional development and more. Our campus includes native plant gardens, boardwalks, kayaks, canoes, a pontoon boat, children’s play area and many other amenities that help increase access to nature for people of all ages.