The Indian River County (IRC) Parks & Recreation Department, in partnership with the Senior Collaborative of IRC and the Florida Blue Foundation, announced today that it will host Live Well!, a Speaker Series for Active Adults. This FREE six part series will focus on important health and wellness topics for residents ages 55 and older.
The first event will focus on Medicare open enrollment and is scheduled to take place on October 13, 2021 at 3:00 PM at the Intergenerational (iG) Center, which is located at 1590 9th Street SW Vero Beach, FL 32962. The guest presenter is Tony Copeland with SHINE. Individuals interested in making changes to their Medicare health plan should strongly consider attending this event before open enrollment begins on October 15, 2021. The meeting will also be available for participants to attend via Zoom:
· Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: ircgov.zoom.us/j/89549013069?pwd=ajZmeEhGNXhIMjcxVTNKekFqWWsydz09
· Join by phone: USA 602-333-2017 • Conference code: 122065
Other Live Well! events include:
· November 10, 2021 – Fraud Protection Day with IRCSO
· December 8, 2021 – Health/Physical & Mental Health Day with Sandy
· January 12, 2022 – Transportation Information Day
· February 9, 2022 – Senior Safety Day
· March 9, 2022 – Parks/Open Spaces Day with IRC Parks and Rec.
For more information, please contact Indian River County’s Parks and Recreation Department at (772) 226-1780 or visit www.ircgov.com. A calendar of Indian River County facility events is available online at https://calendar.ircgov.com/events/.