DEBORAH AND KEN DAIGE
Editor’s note: Ken Daige is a former City Councilman. He and wife Deborah have been active in the community for many years.
You can’t complain about how you are being represented in City Council if you don’t vote! Just review what has happened in the past two years:
– Publicly owned community assets have been downsized or sold rather than safeguarded and maintained.
– The interests of developers have been given priority over your interests.
– City employees who work to protect and maintain your public assets have been demeaned by officials who should respect their efforts.
– Social media has been used to lodge personal attacks against those who oppose their actions.
– Instead of taking action to protect the Lagoon they have rejected or postponed solutions.
– They have done nothing to improve the availability of parking in the beach business district except talk about it.
– Threatened to close the City’s only public pool and convert it into a skate park until citizens rose against them.
– Tried to sell Dodgertown Golf Course to developers until County stepped in to save it.
And this is only a partial list of what has occurred against your wishes!
So what are you going to do about it now that we have the opportunity to protect the City we love?
There is only one thing you can do – vote on Tuesday, November 5!