announces Dance Classes for the 2020-2021 season will commence on Monday, August 17, 2020. “We are excited to be able to put in place stringent safety protocols to be able to return to in classroom instruction for both youth and adults,” says Adam Schnell, Director of Dance Education. “We have expanded our offerings and have added two new faculty members.”
Monitoring registrations and imposing capacity for classes will be implemented. And, for those uncomfortable returning to the studio at this time, those that are or may become ill, or those deciding to register after class capacities have been met, a digital course of study is being developed so participants will be able to access and mirror the curriculum taught in the studios.
“While this year will look different,” says Mr. Schnell, “we are excited to be the longest continually operating dance education program in the area and thrilled to be able to serve our community with the highest quality instruction.”
Classes will resume with the following policies in place:
- Students and Instructors will be required to wear masks at all times. Masks will not be provided by Riverside Theatre.
- Social Distancing will be strongly encouraged in all classes, rehearsals, and public spaces. However, by participating, it is understood that dance is a physical and fast-moving discipline and social distancing is simply not 100% possible at all times.
- No food is to be brought into the building. Students may bring a personal water bottle and refill it at bathroom sinks if necessary. Water fountains will not be available.
- High touch surfaces (barres and other equipment) will be sanitized between uses.
- Students will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the building.
- Students will also be temperature checked prior to entering the building. Students who register above 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be admitted.
- Any participant who is feeling ill (regardless of symptoms) should stay home. This includes all symptoms of any illness, not just symptoms associated with COVID-19. Participants who begin feeling ill during their time at the theater must be picked up within 30 minutes of parent notification.
- To return to class, students must be fever free and symptom free for two full weeks.
- It is extremely important that parents speak with their children regarding all guidelines and policies to ensure both understanding and compliance. Also, please note that COVID-19 represents a fluid and changing situation. These policies will be updated as needed.
- Only students will be allowed on campus.
- Students should come dressed for class. Use of the restrooms in the building will be restricted to bathroom breaks for students. There will be no changing facilities available and restrooms will only be available to registered students attending a class.
Riverside Theatre’s dance education program features professional instructors teaching many genres of dance to ages 3 through adult. While classes begin in August, new students are accepted throughout the school year provided classes are not full.
Youth and Adult sessions are offered for ages 3 and up – beginner to advanced – in: Ballet, Adult Ballet, Creative Dance, Jazz, Adult Jazz, Modern Dance, Pointe, Tap and Adult Tap.
Classes begin August 17, 2020 and cover 35 weeks of instruction, with Fall and Winter breaks, and culminate with a recital in May 2021.
A scholarship program to provide financial assistance is available to qualifying students.
Register online at www.riversidetheatre.com/dance-classes
Riverside Theatre is located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963. Riverside Theatre programs are sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Arts Council, and the National Endowment for the Arts. Riverside Theatre is a member of the Cultural Council of Indian River County, the Indian River Chamber of Commerce, and the Sebastian River Area Chamber of Commerce.