As Indian River County continues a phased and strategic approach to safely re-open County facilities, we are pleased to announce that, effective Tuesday, September 1st, the public will no longer be required to schedule an appointment in order to receive in-person customer services at the County Administration building. In-person services without an appointment will continue to be available for the Building Department, Community Development, Utilities Services, Public Works, and Fire Prevention and other services available at the facility.
In order to protect the health and safety of all who visit and work at the County Administration offices, please consider the following guidelines when planning to meet with County staff:
– Facemasks are required at all indoor County facilities
– Practice social distancing by maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet from the nearest person while in the building
– Limit the number of people participating in any appointment to only those necessary for the issue at hand
– Wash your hands before and after your appointment
– Please have your temperature scanned upon entering the offices
– If you think you may be sick or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and check the Indian River County website for ways to conduct your business electronically
While services provided by the Public Works, Community Development, and Utilities Departments will be re-opened without the need to schedule an appointment, we do encourage Indian River County residents to continue utilizing those services that are offered online, by phone, or by drop-box. Additionally, the Appointment Schedule will continue to allow County staff to offer services and resources to County residents and businesses while also ensuring all social distancing guidelines are followed. To utilize the Appointment Scheduler, please visit http://www.ircgov.com.
Finally, effective this morning, August 28th, 2020, all Indian River County playgrounds and basketball courts have been re-opened to the public. We ask that everyone who utilizes these
Office of the INDIAN RIVER COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR facilities please remain mindful of social distancing guidance and maintain a safe distance from others. For more information about the Indian River County Parks and Recreation Department, please visit https://www.ircrec.com/.
For more information related to Indian River County’s local response to COVID-19, please visit http://www.ircgov.com and follow the County on Facebook at facebook.com/ircgov and on Twitter at @ircgov.