his October, during Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, the Humane Society of Vero Beach and Indian River County (HSVB) will be participating in the ASPCA®’s (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) national #FindYourFido initiative, a campaign focused on harnessing social media to expand awareness of adoptable shelter dogs and help them find safe and loving homes in the community.
To encourage local supporters to #FindYourFido, the HSVB will be holding adoption meet and greets at the following locations:
- October 14 Noon-4:00 p.m.: “No Tail Left Behind” event sponsored by Coldwell Banker at Walking Tree Brewery, located at 3209 Dodger Rd., Vero Beach.
- October 17 – 5-7 p.m. -National Night Out, Vero Beach at Home Depot, 1885 58th Ave., Vero Beach
- October 23 – National Night Out Sebastian – 5-7 p.m., Riverview Park, 600 U.S. Hwy. 1, Sebastian.
The ASPCA estimates that approximately 3.3 million dogs enter U.S. animal shelters every year, where they sit waiting to be adopted into a loving home. Dogs like Trooper, an adorable, fun-loving two-year-old male brindle hound mix who would love to find a family to call his own.
“If you need to find your Fido, look no further! HSVB has an abundance of lovable dogs!” said Director of Operations Maria Ramirez. “And what makes our adoption experience special is that all adopted dogs are spayed and neutered, microchipped, vaccinated and dewormed before going home, plus we offer dog training classes to help pet parents develop a closer bond with their dog,” she added.
HSVB encourages people to help support their participation in the ASPCA’s #FindYourFido campaign by:
- Helping our dogs find homes by becoming a digital ambassador. Simply share profiles of adoptable dogs from our website HSVB.org on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or other social media channels to grow their network of potential adopters.
- Joining us for our special events at Walking Tree Brewery, or National Night Out in Vero Beach and Sebastian.
- Volunteer with us at the shelter, our thrift shops or our many special events.
For more information about HSVB, please visit hsvb.org.