Registration for Summer classes at Indian River State College (IRSC) opens for all students on Tuesday, March 26. Students are encouraged to register early to ensure they are ready for Full-Term and Summer “A” semester classes that begin Wednesday, May 8, and for the start of Summer “B” classes on Monday, July 1.
New students can follow these five steps to get started at IRSC:
- Visit www.irsc.edu to complete the application for admission.
- Submit their official transcripts from high school and other colleges.
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Sign up for New Student Orientation.
- Meet with an advisor and register for classes.
IRSC offers more than 100 programs leading to Bachelor’s Degrees, Associate Degrees, Technical Certificates and Applied Technology Diplomas. Students can choose educational options that range from career training to four-year Bachelor’s Degree programs.
Five IRSC campuses are within a 20-minute drive for every Treasure Coast resident, and through its Virtual Campus, students may choose from hundreds of online courses each semester. Recognizing that many students have full-time jobs and family obligations that divide their attention between work, family and school, all IRSC branch campuses have expanded Friday, evening, and weekend course offerings. Students are encouraged to view the online course schedule at www.irsc.edu prior to registration.
IRSC is identified by the United States Department of Education as the most affordable college in Florida and the third-most affordable college in the country. Tuition is 40% less than public universities and thousands of dollars less than private universities and career colleges or institutes. Financial aid and scholarship programs are readily available to eligible students. More than 85% of IRSC students receive financial aid they don’t need to pay back.
Important dates to remember for Summer Full-Term, “A,” and “B” semesters:
- Tuesday, March 26: First day to register for all Summer 2019 classes.
- Tuesday, May 7: Registration Deadline for Full-Term Schedule and Session “A” classes.
- Wednesday, May 8: Classes begin for Full-Term Schedule and Session “A” classes.
- Wednesday, June 19: Last day of classes and final exams for Session “A” classes.
- Tuesday, June 25: Registration Deadline for Session “B” classes.
- Wednesday, June 26: Classes Begin for Session “B” classes.
- Wednesday August 7: Last day of classes and final exams for Full-Term and Session “B” classes.